Why water consumption is one of the healthiest things you can do.
We are all told that water consumption is vital for life from a very early age. But can you really put a finger on why it is key? And do you really drink enough water every day? Studies show that the daily water consumption for men should be around 3 liters and 2.2 liters for women. So why don’t we see people walking down the street with their two liters full of water? Around 20% of our water intake is through foods we eat. Still, water consumption is one of the most important daily rituals we should adopt. Following are just a few of the many benefits to upping your water consumption on a daily basis.
1. Upping your daily water intake can help you combat certain skin disorders like eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, wrinkles and spots. It also makes you look younger! Dehydrated skin will look wrinkly and dry, well hydrated skin will look moist and fresh.
2. Lack of proper water consumption puts unneeded stress on your heart and other organs. You are more likely to have a heart attack and contract bladder and colon cancer with a poor water consumption habit.
3. Sick of being sick? Drink more water! Water plays an important role in your immune system, it strengthens it and allows your body to fight off illnesses. It also staves off kidney stones which plague dehydrated men and women.
4. Having an acceptable water consumption habit will also reduce headaches. Not all headaches are due to dehydration but dehydration is a major factor in most headaches.
5. Lets not forget that water is natures best weight loss supplement! By upping your water consumption you are able to flush your system of toxins and allow your body to realize what it actually needs, not what your brain tells you it needs (Why does my brain always tell me I need sweets!?!?).
So what are you waiting for? Water is FREE and with the benefits why would you not grab a cup? Try putting some lemon or another fruit squeezed into it! Let us know your favorite way to drink water every day!